Говорим по-английски

Katriel

Завтразавр
Администратор
Достижения
Награды
8ecbdc7a9e21.png

В этой теме вы можете практиковаться в разговорной речи,
всё общение должно быть только на английском языке.

Перевод непонятных вашему собеседнику фраз рекомендуется размещать под спойлер.

Happy talking! :)

Wolfy777

Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
Well, do you like English language? Which accent do you find the most attractive? British or american?

Lana15

Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
Yes, it's pretty nice. As for me, I don't like british accent, but sometimes it's funny. As I watch a lot of serials from America, I get used to american one. And what's about you? Do you practice your English? Is your knowledge of language good?

Wolfy777

Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
As for me, I find English rather useful than anything. I practice mostly reading, because pronunciation and grammar require someone to check them.
You mentioned, that you watch some serials. Which one is your favorite? Do you watch them with subtitles or can you understand them by ear.
P.s. So sorry for the weird constructions, it is hard for me to avoid repeating some words, cause I can't find substitute for them.

Последнее редактирование:

Lana15

Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
it's ok to do some mistakes, we're just studying ;) it will be better to say or "rather useful", or "more useful than any other"

I watch 3 serials: Reign, originals and vampire diaries. First and second ones I prefer more than third. I can understand them without subtitles, but I like to watch it with them, so I can understand better. Do you practice listening? You don't have to have someone checking it.

Wolfy777

Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
Not really, sometimes I just try to figure out the lyrics of the song by ear and then I look up the translation on the Internet to check it up, but I have already found some websites with serials and cartoons with subs.(I googled and it turned out to be a more modern variant :))Maybe I would try to practice my listening in my free time.
As for the serials, I googled the titles. Looks cool. The Reign impressed me the most. I like historical fiction. So, if you recommended me the show to watch I should return the favor, right? Do you like cartoons, cause I am going to recommend one. It is called "The regular show". It is really fun and entertaining. C:

Lana15

Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
I'm so sorry! I wanted to answer later, but I forgot about it...
It's a good practice to listen the music or smth in that way. And yes, I like cartoons, so thank you for advising. Also I know a show "extr@". It's a serial with subs for beginners and language learners. It's easy to listen, to understand, it's a good practice. It's not only in English, there are a lot of variants (German, for example). How many languages do you know?

Wolfy777

Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
It is fine! I am kind of busy this days too. Exams, right?:)
I know 2 languages, if you would take my native - Russian into the account. I still am trying to learn Japanese, but it doesn't seem to work out at all. :D I don't give up though.
What about you? How many languages do you know? Are there any languages you would like to learn?

Lana15

Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
I know Russian, English and Old Church Slavonic. Now I study German and try not to forget English)) Also I will study Latin and classical Greek in my university. Before English I'd been studying French for 2 years, but it's been a long time ago)) I studied Spanish too, but now I remember nothing. So, I have a really long story with languages. I can say when you begin to learn 3d-4th language, it'll become easy for you) In fact - never give up) One day you'll have a success with it, I believe) I'd like to learn Hebrew and Serbian, it's interesting for me. Every language is a challenge that you pass and become to know more about people in that countries than they can even imagine, because it's a key from people's hearts and thoughts)

Lana15

Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
No, I'll be an art historian with knowledge of theology. And what will your profession be? Do you study in the university?

Wolfy777

Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
Yes, I do. I am learning to become an artist. But my exam results are not so good. So I don't want to do it anymore.( Sorry for dumping my problems on you. It is just that my mood is terrible right now.(
Anyways, What factors influenced you to choose this career path?
Hahah, sorry, I actually snatched this question out of some jop amploinment questionary. I wasn't able to phrase it m'self.)

Lana15

Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
So, we are close enough in our professions) As I know, artist's exams are often not so good in grades, because it's not for diploma. And it's ok, you can tell me such a thing, I'm a student too, I can understand :) Also, don't worry and never give up ;)
I'd wanted to go to religious studies, but family had been against me. So, I studied tourism for a year, but I've left that university. I'd been against everyone, but I entered again. I applied religious studies, cultural studies and art history. Main was religious studies. One day I was at work and I had a sudden thought: "I will study art history". So, I chose art history. Funny story ((:)
And what's about you? How did you decided to become an artist? And what's your specialization?

Wolfy777

Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
Yes, we are. :смех: It is actually pretty cool, now we have a common topic to talk about.
That is good that you have a strength to follow your dream. It is very important to find your "soulmate career". How do they say? "Do what you love and you will never work a day".
I applied to the University at a whim. The idea just striked me one day. I haven't choosen the specialization yet. But I like graphic arts the most.
And which form of art is your favorite?
The funny thing. I logged into my accountwhen your message was sent just a 5 minutes ago. So we have nearly "met"online :)

Последнее редактирование:

Lana15

Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
it's pretty cool

I meant... I study with iconographers, restorers of icons.. Do you have such a specialization? Or just artist?
I really love painting, mosaic and all this with architecture. Byzantine and Old Russian Church arts are my the most profile subject (but we learn everything, of course). It's really interesting. Who's your favourite graphic artist? Do you like Dürer?

Wolfy777

Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
The official title of my department is "pictorial art". But since it is a very broad specialization students are tend to pick something more specific for themselves, like pastel, watercolor etcetera.
My favorite graphic artist is Alexander Yakovlev. He drew mostly portraits. And mostly with sanguine chalk and charcoal. Those are my favorite materials.
Dürer is indeed a genius. His works are incredibly detailed and at the same time "airy". And what about you? Is he your favorite graphic artist?

Lana15

Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
Sorry, again :D I have been doing an exam task at home for the last two days... It was incredibly nervous. And I have had no idea about my results yet.

Oh, I understand now, thanks.
I didn't know about him, but I saw his works - they're really good. As for me, I don't have favourite graphic artist. I like impressionism in secular painting, particularly Renoir. What's about you?

Wolfy777

Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
Sorry I didn't answer earlier. After all the work I had to do I let myself go and was sitting in front of a screen day and night, now I have problems with 1 of my eyes lol.
I hope you did well on your exams.
I like impressionism too. And it is very reluctant, that ignorant people made a butt of jokes out of this movement.
What do you think about avant-garde?

Lana15

Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
I think we're sorry every time we write each other))
Yes, I pass everything. I will even have scholarship, so I'm really glad. But it's funny - how much it is... But it's better than nothing C: Also, I pass my main exam on the first try. Now I have holidays from now to February. When do you have it?
Also it's one of mainstreams that people love in art. I don't know why, I like it before it became mainstream.
It's very memorable. It's really good for exam C: I joke. It's really interesting. I like works of Kandinsky and Magritte. Also I fancy surrealism. Do you like it?

Wolfy777

Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
Congratulations! I am happy, that you did well on your exams!
My holidays have started a couple of days before, when I came here whining about my grades.) They will last till the 14th of January.
Wow, did it become mainstream? I hear a lot of jokes like "The guest asks an artist: what is depicted on this picture? A: Oh, I don't remember it is an impressionism." <_<:фейспалм: Lame jokes.

I do love surrealism, when there is some kind of an allegory in the picture, not some random stuff thrown together to look "weird and artsy"

What is your view on hyperrealism?

Lana15

Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
Thanks! Happy holidays!
I think that such jokes can be about minimalism or something else in that way, because impressionism is quite clear, especially if you move away from the picture on couple of meters.
It's pretty cool in technique. I suppose that it can be really good thing in the past, so we would know more about history. But also it's a way to say: "people! see that! you can think it's photo, but I just drew it by myself!". As we have a photo now, it's really good just to practice in technique. And what's your opinion about that?

Верх