Говорим по-английски

Katriel

Завтразавр
Администратор
Достижения
Награды
8ecbdc7a9e21.png

В этой теме вы можете практиковаться в разговорной речи,
всё общение должно быть только на английском языке.

Перевод непонятных вашему собеседнику фраз рекомендуется размещать под спойлер.

Happy talking! :)

Shunnimi

kitsune
Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
_Permanent Maybe they don't like the theme of conversation?xD
Okay, no dark themes:) But just wanna add that I agree with you, death penalty is compulsory.. why should we keep alive a person who killed a lot of innocent people? Death Note raised a lot of such issues, so we always have something to discuss and think about)
To have such friends is a very good thing! Well, I still make a lot of mistakes, but at the same time can translate politicians' speeches :псих: it's because I have no experience in everyday conversations:печаль: *whisper*
Honestly, I'm a translator, but my Chinese is better than my English x)
Btw, where do you live? You replied to me at 7.00 a.m... or you just prefer to wake up early?)

_Permanent

Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
Shunnimi that could very well be the case. I probably wouldn't like it either, if someone came up to me mumbling 'please don't die' haha.
Glad to know there are people who share my opinion) Most of the ones I talked to about this, think that it's a barbarity.. but then again, they were Americans, who already have capital punishment. Oh well, what can we do.
I guess I am lucky to have such friends, but constantly conversing in a nonchalant way makes you somewhat slack. I'm more confident with informal chatting per se, and I get awfully lost when it comes to business or political topics, so you might as well consider yourself lucky! Oh wow, you know Chinese? That is something to be proud about, really. Don't want to be rude or anything but whenever I hear the Chinese talking it sounds like 'shi shi chi shi' for me and I often find myself wondering how the hell can anyone catch onto anything from their speech :D I'm not even mentioning all those kanji, that's pretty nuts.
I'm not from Russia, but I did wake up early in the morning yesterday and couldn't fall asleep again. It wasn't 7 a.m. for me though :подмигиваетулыбается:

Shunnimi

kitsune
Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
_Permanent Maybe it is very intelligent plants and you should talk with them about literature or political situation in the world?x)
Well I think it's not a problem for a person with fluent English because the only thing you need is to learn some new vocabulary and that's all:)
Haha I understand you, my first reaction on Chinese was the same as yours, but then I used to it) Especially at first it was difficult to say a lot of 'hui' xD
Not from Russia? Me too :) What is your timezone?

NA2016 Hey there!:машу:Nice to meet u here! How are you?)

Последнее редактирование:

_Permanent

Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
Shunnimi who knows? Unfortunately I'm no plants' mind reader, if plants are sentient that is оО I'll try changing the topic of my conversation with them next time, we'll see how it goes)
I think so too. I really have to learn new words but I always find something to busy myself with instead of patiently cramming the vocabulary. Procrastination is my all :rolleyes:
Haha that's hilarious! But doesn't the word 'hui' sound a little different from what we would pronounce it in Russian?) I'm kinda interested if you're still studying or already working as a translator? Oh, and btw, would you be so kind to tell me if there's such word as 'shinima' in Chinese? My mother watches Chinese dramas and always tells me that 'shinima' means 'really', but I doubt that a lot. Google translator doesn't help me at all haha
Actually I live in Almaty, so that's +2 hours to Moscow's time for me. What about you?

Shunnimi

kitsune
Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
_Permanent well, there are a lot of pronunciation versions, it can sound as 'hoi' or 'huei', but mostly 'hui' xD
I'm already working, but also have the last autumn semester to finish my study at university and get magister degree)
It was a time when I watched Chinese&Korean dramas too...x) Hmmm there is no word 'shinima' in Chinese, it can be 'shi ma? really?' or 'shi ni ma? it's (really) you?' or it could be 'shenme' which pronunciation is very close to 'shi ma' and means 'what?' :)
So you're from Kazakhstan! Cool) I'm from Ukraine, it's timezone is GMT +3, like in Moscow)

_Permanent

Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
Shunnimi thinking of that made me remember an old anecdote but I'm afraid it will lose its salt if I tell it in English :смех: I'm pretty sure you heard it already, about a Russian guy meeting a Chinese guy and hearing his name for the fist time. The word 'hui' figures there as a part of the name.
Oh, good luck then with finals and writing your thesis! I was pretty lazy back in magistracy and allowed myself not to work, focusing on studying only, those were the days *_*
Thanks for explaining this stuff to me! And sorry, I probably didn't write that word correctly, I honestly have no idea how to discern words in Chinese. Well, turns out my mom was right, I guess I now owe her something haha. Don't you watch those dramas now?
Yup, you're definitely correct! :смех: I'm sorry if my next question will bug you in some way, but after learning that you're from Ukraine I can't help but wonder if everything's okay for you? Seeing that the situation's been pretty unstable there...

Shunnimi

kitsune
Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
_Permanent I guess I know that anecdote:хихикаю: It became classic already x)
Thank you! Actually, I have already passed my finals, it remains only to write thesis, and I kinda should write it now... but I don't x) Too lazy for this
Yes, very good days.. No responsibility.. I'm afraid of that future when I'll finish university:(
No, I don't. I even don't listen k-pop (except some bands).. That period of my life is gone)
Don't worry, everything is okay here! I live in the capital and I guess that if I had not watched the news on TV, I would have never thought that there is a war on the South now... bad situation, yes, but it does not affect the life of the rest of the country)

_Permanent

Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
Shunnimi it sure did)
Oh, then you've got nothing to worry about, the defence will be a piece of a cake for you, I'm sure. And isn't it just in our nature to do stuff that matters in the very last second? :подмигиваетлол: That's okay, you still got plenty of time.
I can't believe you almost don't listen to k-pop, I thought everyone got hooked on that haha. Pretty hard to find people who don't obsess over those boys and girls bands. Though, I won't lie, I listen to it sometimes when in the right mood. What do you prefer when it comes to music then?
That's good to know, I got worried for a while. Hope everything's going to be alright further on)

Shunnimi

kitsune
Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
_Permanent well, I still listen 'BigBang' & '2NE1' and some songs from another groups.. and, of course, EXO-M x) But I'm not a k-pop fan anymore) Now I like 'Arctic Monkeys', 'Big Data', 'Years&Years' and a lot of another different groups, depending on my mood) And how about you? What do you like to listen?)

_Permanent

Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
Shunnimi Big Bang is, like, the only korean band I can tolerate haha. I also like some of Tablo's songs, judging by translations his lyrics hit home for me. In general I don't have any singers or bands I'm a fan of, but for the past few years I've been enjoying Emilie Autumn and Atrium Carceri, though the latter one can hardly be called music oO

Shunnimi

kitsune
Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
_Permanent it's music, but very specific, I guess) More like instrumental)
I see that we have exhausted our topics of conversation, from plants & music to death penalty haha
So I gonna ask you some general question, like 'how do you spend your summer days?" x)
Btw I just watched The X-Men:Apocalypse's Comic-Con panel, and when James McAvoy was talking I understood that I badly understand him... the Scottish accent is ssoooo strange%)

_Permanent

Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
Shunnimi for some reason that kind of music helps me think :смех: I always listen to it when I need to concentrate on something.
You think so? But we haven's discussed books yet, and, as I see, you do love reading, right?)
Ugh, I'm spending summer in desperate search for a job, since I don't have one right now. That's not fun at all, I even think summer ceased to be fun since I turned 20 haha.
After you told me about that I watched the panel as well, and yeah, his accent is rather confusing, but at least you can still understand what he says, sort of :хихикаю: Have you ever heard cockney accent? That one's really terrible! I thought Australian accent was kind of unintelligible, but after hearing cockney I changed my mind

Shunnimi

kitsune
Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
_Permanent booooks, yeah:смех: I like everything that helps me to dive into another world and abstract from our reality x) And how about you?
Btw right now I'm reading "The Martian" by Andy Weir, maybe you heard about it, it will be a movie with Matt Damon. Very interesting, so if you don't know what to read - I recommend you this one)
I understand you and sympathize... Had the same problem( It's very hard to find work in their specialty... Main snag: employers require work experience and how the hell can I have it if I can't start working because I haven't this experience?? madness...
Well I can understand Australian accent very clearly, but cockney... I heard it only once in some funny video about two Scots in the voice recognition elevator, they could not say 'eleven' clearly and stuck there xD

_Permanent

Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
Shunnimi same for me. I've been running away from reality for as long as I can remember, at first I did it subconsciously but now I do it with a clear purpose in mind :смех: Books are just as good as games, although I haven't been very lucky with them for the past year - I either couldn't find anything interesting to read, or didn't have enough time. The last book I read was "Daphne" and in all honesty it was boring as hell. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll be sure to check that book out!
Just thinking about finding a job makes me a little anxious haha. My main problem is not the total lack of experience though, I think I just have a bad luck or something. I quit my first job since it was way too taxing (had to stay there from 9 a.m to 11 p.m. and work during vacation and weekends), and had to leave from the second company because of the staff reduction. Dunno what to expect next...
Hm, I guess that depends on the speaker, sometimes Australian accent is easy to understand, other times not so much :D Anyways, as I see it, Indian guys have the worst English accent. I worked with them for some time and could barely understand a word from what they were saying haha

Shunnimi

kitsune
Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
_Permanent 'as games'? wow, you like games?):привет:which exactly do you like to play?)
Bad luck with job, bad luck with plants... Why it happends with you?( Maybe it's your karma from previous life? Anyway, I think if you haven't luck in one thing, you will have a lot of luck in another))
Maybe maybe.. The only Indian guy I know who speaks English is Rajesh Koothrappali xD

_Permanent

Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
Shunnimi who doesn't, really?) I wonder if The sims counts as one of my favorite games? :хихикаю: I also like Saints row and Need for speed series, Sleeping dogs, Black mirror, The elder scrolls, some pixel games. I've played so many that I can't even remember the names now lol. What about you? As I get it, you too like gaming?
Oh wow, I must have made myself look like a total loser. It's not that bad! I usually don't fret over these things, whatever happens - happens, I believe everything's going to be alright sooner or later) All the more, after I left my jobs, I learned that conditions got even harder and half of the people I'd worked with (including management) quit, too. So maybe I was lucky in that aspect, escaping something bad before it hit haha.
Do you believe in things like karma? I'm a bit skeptical towards paranormal stuff and ideas of fate. Few fortunetellers I visited only strengthened my skepticism :подмигиваетлол:
You're lucky! There's so many Indians where I live, it makes me think they're slowly migrating @_@

Shunnimi

kitsune
Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
_Permanent a lot of people think that games are for children (my mom and friends are one of those). Especially The Sims x) I like Mass Effect, Dragon Age.. All that belongs to RPG)) Wanna play TES, but my laptop is too weak for this:печаль:
Looking at the situation in that way - yes, you're the lucky one! Didn't waste time for bad work conditions. You have very positive and right thinking, everything bad happens for the better, so I hope you'll find a good work soon:подмигиваю:
I believe that our soul has different reincarnations, but phrase 'it's because of your bad carma' is just for fun xD I like to say this phrase with very factitiously serious tone haha
I think they do, really! And not only them, afro americans too... There are a lot of them in my native Zhytomyr, and this fact is very strange because Zhytomyr is kinda a big village:лол2: Why do they come here to study, I don't know...

_Permanent

Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
Shunnimi those, who think games are for children should try playing some horror, like Alien. I can't stand playing that thing for more than 2 hours, the sound effects are just bloodcurdling! Dunno, sims can be confusing too, and not at all suitable for children with certain mods :злобный: Damn, I've been minding to play Mass effect for about two years now, still haven't laid my hands on it. Yeah, TES can be pretty tough for the graphic card, I too had experienced some difficulties with it before I got a gaming computer. Now I have tons of mods and that makes me happy))
I don't see a point in mourning over things that were done, being a depressed piece of rabbit's poo doesn't bring much happiness anyway) God bless your words, it seems I have to find a good job soon or I'll end up being sent to live in another city, which I certainly do not want.
I'm now thinking what kind of a creature I was before incarnating as a human haha. Phew, and I was beginning to think that you were on of those people who get offended as soon as they hear someone doesn't believe in karma and whatnot :хихикаю: At my previous job I had a coworker who claimed to be a warlock and once she got literally enraged at me when I was stupid enough to mention I didn't believe in magic oO
I get you, a few years ago there were many afro americans here too, but they disappeared quite quickly, they were probably heading to your country :eek: I find it a little scary, but it seems there's no way of fighting all these processes, maybe that's even a good thing for all we know)

Shunnimi

kitsune
Проверенный
Достижения
Награды
_Permanent horror games are too much for me, I think they're for choosen ones xD I've played 'Knock-Knock' and it was enough for me haha (including the fact that it is not a really 100% horror)
Ugh there are a lot of awesome games which I can't play.. should buy a gaming laptop as soon as possible...
Abot Mass Effect: there is a seasonal gaming tourney on our forum, you can join it and play ME on the occasion:)
There is a test in vkontakte 'Who you was in your previous life', it's stupid but you can get fun x) For example, it wrote that I was a stone:катаюсьотсмеха:
Ahaha she's really crazy! Did you tell her 'Ok you're a warlock, prove it, make some magic'?)
They migrate like salmon? haha So they will migrate to another place soon I believe. To China, for example... But honestly, I'm ok with them, they don't prevent life in our town. Only racists unhappy with their presence, but they are few and limited only by words.

Я правильно сказала "ограничиваются только словами"?

Верх